Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook WiFi 16GB, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Playbook has stopped working unable to get support

Hi 

My 16GB wifi playbook was "Turn-Off"'d with 80% charge yesterday night. It didn't respond to the power button this morning. No LED no screen back-light. After some time my phone established a bluetooth connection with it but still no display. On picking up the playbook I found it to be very hot in the area above and around the connectors.

I promptly took it to a Blackberry Expert Service Center where I was told that they wouldn't be able to accept my playbook for examination or repairs as they didn't have the software enabled to accept Tablets only GSM handsets.

I negotiated with the staff at the service center to let an engineer look at my playbook and I was informed that it may be a display issue and the back was getting hot due to internal shorting.

I am not able to get any links for support. The service centers listed on the Blackberry support site in my area have consolidated to the expert service center and they do not answer their phones.

I bought the device in May of 2012. It is still under warranty. I just want to know where to submit it for RMA/repair.

Thanks

Nishant

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook has stopped working unable to get support

Call your PlayBook support number.

www.blackberry.com/playbook

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm in India

That link is meaningless. I get to the playbook support site where it offers to provide 90 day direct support.

Which I can't get for my playbook serial number. I have the option of calling a 000 800 number after I register (which I can't) 

I tried the 000 800 number but I can't dial it from Skype / My Cellular / My Landline.

Just in case I'm starting to appear combative. I'd tried this before posting on the forum.

Thanks

Nishant

Sorry, my ol' crystal ball doesn't know what you've tried before posting. You didn't say.

But that's a good solution. Many users have found RIM's warranty support extending past the 90 days. You might try further. Without needing to be combative.

Try this number:  Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Submitted the Playbook to a Redington center in a different part of the city.

Hopefully, Redington will perform the RMA/repair. I'll find out in 20 days' time.

fingers crossed Smiley Very Happy

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sequence of updates from Service Center.

17th December - Playbook has been accepted and is being sent back after repair / RMA should be here by the weekned.

21st December - Playbook is on it's way and should be delivered soon. Today / tomorrow.

22nd December - Playbook hasn't been delivered yet. Please check back on Monday as we're closed on Sunday

24th December Afternoon - Playbook is in transit and we'll call you and inform you of the status.

24th December Evening - We don't know why it hasn't been delivered please check back on Wednesday as we're closed on 25th.

After much insisting I was able to get the FedEx tracking number for my playbook. 800987127512.

It appears that the playbook has not yet been delivered to the service HQ in Bangalore as they are refusing the package. 

Does anyone think I'll ever get it back?

I don't know, and I'm afraid to guess.

I've read horror stories of BlackBerry support in India.

Why would they refuse your package? Have you called to inquire?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I will. Tomorrow when they open for business. till then I can just sit and wait.

Is there really no oversight by the blackberry corporate on these "support" providers?