02-05-2012 12:37 AM
Here is the SOLUTION to recover this Problem..
1) Download Desktop software from (http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/)
2) Install the software. and connect the PLAYBOOK.
3) you will see an error like "You can not connect, as the setup not yet completed"
4) Hardboot your PLAYBOOK by pressing +,-, Power buttons at a time.
5) Wait for a moment and just press once the power button
6) On your desktop you will a see prompt with options, "Retry" , "Update" , "Cancle"
7) Press Update. Then it will start download the update and finish the setup. :-)
Download takes lot of time. It took for me 2Hrs (on 4Mbps broadband) ...
Make sure there is no Disconnect while update is happening. else you have to restart the whole Procedure again.
Have good Luck .....
02-06-2012 05:40 PM
I talked to support center, they said me same thing. In addition operator said that at the end of downloading/installing error will appear but this is ok i just need to unplug device and turn it on. I did that, i had an error, but when i turned it on, Playbook again tried to connect to server for updates and it again shows "could not connect to update server (2011)". Help please...