Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Metro

Playbook is unusable - Please help!

My Playbook will not power up. It displays this sequence of RED lights: one blink, pause, 4 blinks. This began when it would not go online one day and I restarted it. It never started back up. Just started doing that blink sequence. I have tried the charging method where I plug it in for a time, unplug, and repeat. Nothing... The battery was not dead when this started anyway. It was working fine and then just died on the reboot. I've tried disconnecting the batteries and hooking it directly to my computer. Still nothing. I can't link it to my computer either because I can't get any type of screen up. It had the latest update installed when it did this. Any new ideas on things to try?

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: Playbook is unusable - Please help!

murdockfl wrote:

My Playbook will not power up. It displays this sequence of RED lights: one blink, pause, 4 blinks. This began when it would not go online one day and I restarted it. It never started back up. Just started doing that blink sequence. I have tried the charging method where I plug it in for a time, unplug, and repeat. Nothing... The battery was not dead when this started anyway. It was working fine and then just died on the reboot. I've tried disconnecting the batteries and hooking it directly to my computer. Still nothing. I can't link it to my computer either because I can't get any type of screen up. It had the latest update installed when it did this. Any new ideas on things to try?

_________

If you have not done this already, bootstrap your PlayBook. Press AND hold the power button until the red light blinks.  This may take a few seconds. Just hold the button down.

It is not a bad idea to keep the charger, shipped with the unit, connected.