Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook keeps asking to sign in with BB User ID and Password. WTHeck?

everytime I try to connect to wifi a window pops up asking me to login using my Blackberry User ID and password. one of my bb ID's (I have 2) is already filled in but when I use my password (same for both user ID's) it doesn't work.<br>I press cancel and the pop up window disappears, but then appears again in a few seconds or minutes, over and over again.<br>I am able to connect to the internet but the pop up is really annoying. anyone know what I might have done wrong to screw it up, or if this is happening to anyone else since the update this past week?<br>
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Playbook keeps asking to sign in with BB User ID and Password. WTHeck?

Same thing here, very frustrating.
My Device: Tablet and 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Was this ever resolved. I got the same issue. I just got a Tablet 64GB and this is becoming frustrating.

Did the following

Security whip twice

Changed BB user ID to a new one

Uploaded full OS from Desktop Manager.

Still having prompts pop up when I go to App world and try to either go into "My World", upgrade an app or download one.

My Device: playbook 16g
My Carrier: o2

can someone clear this up for me, my playbook is doing the same thing its really really annoying - i bought the playbook second hand, iv signed up for a bb id etc etc but its not working
My Carrier: None

I am getting this now too.  Any suggestions.  When I try to enter my Password it says Network is down.. but I can use Browser, and can login to Blackberry from my PC with no issues.  Do I need to reset something on the Playbook?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes.
My Carrier: None

Hi Lost at Sea.  Thanks for the reply.  I actually seemed to have fixed this by resetting my wife connection.  I basically edited my wifi connection and reentered my wifi password and it seems to have been the ticket.   Hopefully my fix and/or your suggestion will help all others who get this annoying error.

Highlighted
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Hello All,

had the same problem, couldn't reset the password through Playbook, kept telling me connection was not good... went to Blackberry.com  clicked on password reset for the account, that sent me an email, I then changed my password online through a computer.  tried it on Playbook again, same issue,....erased Wifi settings and redid them... worked!!!!

very strange issue.  Not the first time it happens to me on this device.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I had to restart my daughters to enter in password before for BBID and we didnt use teh ID for a few months

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had to restart my daughters to enter in password before for BBID and we didnt use teh ID for few months

knottyrope wrote:

I had to restart my daughters to enter in password before for BBID and we didnt use teh ID for a few months

I am sorry.  I do not understand that.

I find the PlayBook, a totally useless device.  I have no idea what the purpose of it is.  So, I let it sit on my desk since last May, 2012.  A year it sat there.

When I finally got over the silly issue of the battery not charging, it popped up

TWO (2) DIFFERENT POP-UPS FOR PASSWORDS TO BE ENTERED.

What's the deal Lucille ?

(1) It appears the first password it wants is NOT BLACKBERRY ID, but device ID

(2) Then, it asks for BlackBerry ID password.

Forget that it is a useless device, does someone actually think I am trying to do something nepharis to my own PlayBook ?

What in the heck is the 1st ID ?

I cannot possibly remember all this after a year of not using it.

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Anyone give me $ 10 for thing, so I can give up WASTING MY TIME on this piece of work ?

Frustrated doesn't cover it.

Can I get a clear concise explanation whether there are 2 passwords it is asking me for separately ?

I don't think it had enough time after charging to get the wi-fi connection so that it knows I updaded my pasword in the last year.

Is it also I need to do something to the Wi-Fi Settings, which have NOT changed since last May.

I think I will just scream.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.