Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: I had to restart my daughters to enter in password before for BBID and we didnt use teh ID for few months

It isnt unique to Playbook. If you had an Ipad you would have an apple-ID and also a password to open the tablet up. Same with Playbook. When you set up playbook you created a BBID with password, then at some stage you created a password to turn it on. YOU did all that. Cast your mind back.

________
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

PlayBook asking me for device password, then pop-up for BlackBerry ID password

[ Edited ]

Thank you.  As soon as I enter device password, it pops up BlackBerry ID password.  Then, you start to enter that and it pops-up the device ID pop-up again.  How can I know if I entered the right password for the device ID ?  How can I just turn all this junk off ?  I don't want any of it.  And, if anyone ever steals the silly PlayBook from me, they are welcome to it.  I mean what in the world is its purpose anyway ?  The battery is still dead and although I got it to jump-start and start charging after a year of me not even knowing what the purpose of the PlayBook is, by holding down power button for 20 seconds and then releasing power button after I had plugged it in, I got all these blame silly pop-up questions of password this and password that, on a device intended to do what ?  I plugged it into the pc tether cable which does not have enough power to charge the PlayBook when it is a dead battery, and now, everything is blank.  If I ever get back into it, I have to deal with all these pop-up questions.  As for iPAD, I could care what MAC does.  What in the world is the purpose of PlayBook ? 

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: PlayBook asking me for device password, then pop-up for BlackBerry ID password

It sounds to me like you have had setup problems, ignored the playbook, now the battery had died due to being left on standby for weeks.

First, that  bbid password stuff only happens if someone messes around with editing BBID on the same playbook. None of that crud has ever happened to me.

So first, get the charge back. Second wipe it, create a new BBID and start again.

The purpose of all tablets is to give 80% functionality of a laptop in a pocket device. they work very well. Maybe you need to try something simpler. 

________