Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Playbook motherboard replacement

Hi, my playbook micro usb port got broken and I would like to replace motherboard as I already detach it from the rest.

Where could I order this part?

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook motherboard replacement

You will need to contact RIM to determine where to get spare parts. I would not have taken my device apart before trying other options first.. like returning it to the store or seeking an RMA. You will probably have to send the device to RIM for repairs anyway and you have voided the warranty. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I know you can order spare parts for the PlayBook on the http://cnn.cn/ but I have not tried this Chinese website.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: none

I am looking for replacement boards as well. I can find a board for just about any device you could name, yet the PB board is no where to be found. USB jack broke, no warrenty nothing like that so just looking for a board to install to replace broken board. Was trying to contact BB... any one can help would be great thanks. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

when I see the prices for a replacement board for a BlackBerry smartphone, it is sometimes more expensive than a brand new PlayBook now!

so maybe buying a new PlayBook is the cheapest for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

You could get a rapid (magnetic connector) charger and use wifi sharing to move/backup data. Then no need to use USB at all, unless ever you brick it

My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: none

LOL I just last night decied the same thing. Thanks for t...

LOL I just last night decied the same thing. Thanks for the reply.