Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Mascom

Playbook not booting after software update

I have just completed my Blackberry Playbook software update now it says the desktop loader is unable to connect to the device, you may need to enter password on device. 

The playbook wont switch on at all. All I get is a solid red light for 15 seconds, then a yellow light that flicks 5 times.

What does this mean? 
What do I have to do to boot it?

I kindly ask of you to answer in straight forward simple instructions as to how I can get this to work again.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Playbook not booting after software update

Did you have it connected to a primary source of power..not on battery, when you did the update??? because if it ran out of battery power while updating, causes a mess

Gene
New Contributor

It was connected to the computer. I did the update through pc not wifi because it wouldn't switch on before the update either.
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

one red and five yellows is very low battery. Charge it for a few hours, on the charger, not on the PC as it will be too slow to charge on USB, if at all.  USB on a PC will give a slight loss of charge when doing that amount of work so charge it first.

________
New Contributor

Thanks guys. I'm getting somewhere, I think!