Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook 64 gb
My Carrier: Idea

Playbook not charging

My playbook had 35% battery when I plugged it into the charger overnight. I have never had a problem since I got the PB in August 2012. The next morning I unplugged it, popped it into the purse and zipped to the city. When I turned on the PB it was still at 35% battery, kinda floored me cause it always charged fully before. Five hours later it was at 23% (didn't use it much) and plugged it in again (with the wall plugin that I received with the PB). The battery continued to go down. I tried all the different methods suggested on CB and at Blackberry.com, as well as others online. Nothing worked. My battery is dead, turning it on gives me one red flash and five yellow flashes. Oh, trying to connect it to the desktop manager doesn't work either. Any suggestions?? Its still plugged into the wall plugin.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Playbook not charging

Hello SHADABBBS

Welcome to the forums. 

We suggest contacting direct PlayBook support for further investigation into this issue: http://bbry.lv/MCTdax

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: Bold & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Playbook not charging

Shad,

did you ever get this corrected? I am experiencing the exact same thing, it will not charge, even though it curently has battery life.  I am not going to pay RIM support for something that should work!