Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

W88
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Playbook not connecting via USB

Hi, my PB isn't connecting to DM on my pc - could it be a port issue?  Always had issues getting the mini end of cable into playbook.  Reset the PB, turned off wifi, turned of wifi file sharing, uninstalled DM 7.1.0.37, reinstalled it....

Can find my 9930, but can't find my PB.  Thoughts?  THanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Playbook not connecting via USB

The mini usb plug goes into the centre port at the bottom on the PlayBook. The RIM symbol must be up if you will damage the connection if inserted the wrong way. I put a white dot onto the correct side of the plug to make sure I get it right.
You may have a firewall setting on your computer that keeps you from connecting to the PlayBook .
If you go back to the top section of this forums home Page, there are several sticky notes. One deals with the BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles. Go there and enter some info into the search box. It will list some articles which may help you further.
W88
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Lost, Thanks.  Clearly, the eye doctor appt I made for the new year is needed.  I could not not see that the pin was in the wrong position - I must have de-positioned it somehow.  I simply bent it back and am good to go.  So silly...but there it is.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Don't do that too often or you will have more trouble. Go with a drop of white-out on the cable tip just to make sure.