Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook not powering up, not charging, nothing

The three prong magnetic port ks the rapid charger. 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: US Cellular

Funny, that one doesn't charge very rapid. Lol. But yeah, that's. The only one working for me. The other micro port stopped working
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

To Resident Expert - please help!

I have tried to go through all the hoops of getting my PB to charge ... 20 secs power, with + and -; 10x charge 2 min and 8 sec no power; debrick .

No light, no power, nothing ... what else can i do besides sending it to get it fixed or getting a new one. 

p

It took me about 4-5 tries on the debrick method for one of my PlayBooks, under these exact circumstances.

Make sure you're using Desktop Software v7, and keep trying.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

It is totally absurd that this problem exists.  It is a deep design flaw and the Playbook should be recalled. Are we really being told tpo try something that takes 48 hours? Something that might work? 

wfbor wrote:

It is totally absurd that this problem exists. 

Yes it is absurd, not great at all.

wfbor wrote:

Are we really being told tpo try something that takes 48 hours? Something that might work? 

I am not RIM. I am not BlackBerry. I am a user just like you, and what I recommend is not coming from the mouth of RIM, just my suggestions and advice. If you don't like it, sorry.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

There is an alarm as well as a notification at 10% battery level reminding users to recharge their batteries. This is pretty well industry standards with cell phones, tablets and other electronic devices. If users ignore the warning, who is to blame.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I monitor my battery when using almost anything that has one. when low either charge it or turn it off and recharge it.

My 7 year old son left his playbook on with several apps running while on low battery. Took me many days to get it back running again. You can be sure he will charge it now after this tearful event.

other thought and not blaming any one here:

I dont turn off the lights when my kids leave them on, I make them stop what they are doing and have them turn it off even if it is 2 flights of stairs. "but if the playbook screen is off, then it isnt on. Right dad?"  well now he learned this is not the case

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

To J Sanders (Resident Expert)

Thanks for your suggestions - I feel like I have tried what you have suggested multiple times and still I am getting no response from my playbook. 

Is there a place I can send my playbook to get it repaired?  My PB is one of the original models - purchased just when it was originally released.  I've upgraded to OS 2, and it has worked great for me - just wonder maybe it is something other than the powering up, perhaps a hardware issue - power button, usb connector, etc. I am in Toronto, Canada ... wondering if you have any places you could suggest to send it to get it looked at.

You need to call your Playbook support number.

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Knowledge Base Updates