Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Playbook screen is black (with background lighting on), but does not show any icons

After I updated to the latest version, my playbook screen is dark, but with the back lighting on.

I can hear the sound of new mail notification, etc, but the screen just won't show anything no matter what I do.

It's as if everything works except the screen.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Playbook screen is black (with background lighting on), but does not show any icons

Try holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds to restart the PlayBook.

Turn it on again and you should be alright.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: Playbook screen is black (with background lighting on), but does not show any icons

i have tried that, and still no result.
i have also tried holding down power button while clicking volume buttons (since I've bought mine a long time ago, and I remember doing this when I reset my playbook in the past)
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Do you get anything on the screen when it's booting up?

Have you tried a debrick?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I can't tell for sure what my playbook is doing, since I haven't seen anything other than the lighted, black screen.

The only difference I can tell is whether if the screen is turned on or not (whether if the backlight is turned on or not)