Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32Gb
My Carrier: telus

Playbook screen shakes

The screen has started to shake randomly and seems to phantom press buttons when the keyboard is up.  OS is up to date.. any thoughts?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Playbook screen shakes

Have you rebooted the device? If it doesn't help, I suggest to re-install the OS.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor

Have tried to reboot several times, as well as reload the OS.  After a reload, the screen waits at the language selection screen, but the srcreen is not responsive to any touches at all.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

I've been experiencing similar issues with my PB when connecting it to the Computer. After some time the touch part  would start acting weird like you described. Disconnecting it from the PC seemed to solve the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StateOfCash - personal finance management made easy.
Build great wireframes with MockItUp in a snap!
New Contributor

That is what I have been reading as well, however, this was all happening before being connected to the computer.  Have tried to repair the OS as well as run updates.  It just kind of hangs at the setup phase where I need to select a language.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Sounds like screen is faulty. Call BB, have it repaired, or trash it..

As you have already reloaded the OS there is no data on there to backup.  note that blackberry backups are only recoverable by another blackberry so if you change to android or ipad you will not be able to access your backups.