Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: torch/playbook 32
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook software update 1.0.6.2390

First off, this is my first post, and I am sorry if it's already been posted before.

So with this version of the software you cannot delete the preinstalled apps like Adobe, Kobo, Slacker, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail and NFB (I live in canada, and these might only be on the canadian version, no idea)

Now, of all of the preinstalled apps on the playbook, these are the ones that you can actually delete. If you decide to delete them, you will get a prompt that there is a software update available. The version number just happens to be the same version that you already have on your plabook.

I called support and they told me that I keep getting prompted because I deleted those apps. When asked why then am I allowed to delete them in the first place, they were not sure. Clearly this is a programming error, and I am sure it will be addressed in the next software update (I hope).

But really, in canada at least, how many people actually have an AOL email account? Like 4 people? come on.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook software update 1.0.6.2390

just ignore thos apps and links for now.

Hopefully there will a folder option we can call junk to put them into soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Playbook software update 1.0.6.2390

Did you delete the apps through App World? 

For the apps I don't use, at present I ignore them. I sort of moved them in to an area of the desktop towards the bottom. The ones I use the most, I moved to the top of the deskop.  For the apps I use all the time, I copied them to the Favorites.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.