Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Playbook - will not open pdf files from email

The BES details are with the IT folks - I don't have any insight as to what is required, but if I get same I will let folks know.

Current status is PDFs are fine as are XLS.  Remaining issue is docx and xlsx

New Contributor
My Device: Torch and PLaybook

For more info on this issue see article KB2654 in the Blackberry Technical Solution Centre. 

Under Additional Information:

"If a BlackBerry smartphone is active to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server then BlackBerry Bridge does not allow attachments to be saved to the internal memory of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Instead, the attachment can be saved to the Micro SD card of the BlackBerry smartphone."

This is a huge issue, unless the tablet can open the files from the SD card in the Blackberry, regardless of type of file.  "Word To Go", "Sheet To Go" etc and Adobe Reader cannot browse to the SD card to find the files.

RIM...fix!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

thanks....

it sure isn't simple...it makes the product user UNFRIENDLY :-)

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem at first with my playbook, the software update solved attachment problems including pdf, go to settings and softwae update

New Contributor
My Device: curve 3g 9300 & playbook
My Carrier: Sasktel

eula... end user license agreement, you need to scroll through all the bs and agree to the terms and conditions, just like most software. if youve never ever gotten it to open, youve never been prompted to read and agree to it. just trying to open an attachment isnt opening it if it fails to open. launch the pdf reader on its own and not by trying to open a pdf and it will work
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Nope. That does not work

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

I get it to work sometimes while other times no go. For sure, every time there is an update, I lose what I had.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook

i am having problems opening all attachments from my email. I get a message saying "The attachment exceeds the download size set by your administrator". I can't open an attachment size of 7 KB!?? is there a setting somewhere. I my bb is on a BES server.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: att

Having the same problem pfd loads showing 1/0.  Not sure how it  has 1 page of 0 pages.  

Resaved pdf under different name, but the file cannot be located using adobe and file manager. Resaved file again and it shows filename exists, but cannot be found with adobe or file manager.

On a side note: users name and password to this site dropped again. Why does this keep happening?