Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Playbook will not power on

I was watching a video on my playbook when it became unresponsive and got stuck in an audio loop.  Holding down the two volume buttons and hitting the power button enabled me to turn it off but I haven't been able to get it to power back on since then.  I have attempted to update the software via the desktop software but I am unable to finish the installation process and am unsure of how to proceed from here.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

Re: Playbook will not power on

I have a similar problem with my device too. I put it on sleep mode while it was recharging the battery, when it was fully charged i turned it OFF. After a couple of hours i turned it on to use it and it stays on the first screen that comes up when you turn it on that says "blackberry playbook" and on the back ground the circles that change colors. I tryed to restart it several times to no avail. It is basically stuck in that stage. I dont know what to do, maybe i will take it back for a return of my money.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch & 16 GB Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Re: Playbook will not power on

I have the same issue, when I plug the device into the power outlet the RED LED comes on for about 7 secs then goes off and briefly displays playboo, this continues in a loop.

I spoke with RIM, all levels of telephone support, even created a WEBNX.

Reboot via power and volume.
DTM Update will complete then say please disconect your device to complete update but the Playbook screen is still black.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

David