Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Re: Playbook will not sync media

Hello try uk site just click on soft ware and download media sync .http://uk.blackberry.com

Hope this helps Kind regards john

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790 + PlayBook 2.0.1917 64GB
My Carrier: Telekom Deutschland

Re: Playbook will not sync media

Morining guys (or whatever time it is where you're living Smiley Tongue ),

I may have solved my problem - it's still quite odd but here's what I did:

- After having uninstalled BB DesktopSoftware, I deleted all the registry entries and then (re)registered the dll

- Then I installed DektopSoftware again

- After that I plugged in my PlayBook and for the first time the green LED next to the front camera showed up, so apparently the PlayBook was charged via USB

- Still, the connection with DesktopSoftware failed, but an error message occured which gave the choice to click "repair"

- After clicking on "repair" DesktopSoftware told me that there was a new firmware update available  - the odd thing is, the update was firmware 2.1.0.1917 which already was installed on the tablet!?

Anyway, I downloaded and installed it again but this time using DesktopSoftware and the PlayBook was restarted completely

- The "first time of use" screen appeared on the tablet and I followed all the instructions - again.

- Now was the critical moment: Connecting it to the laptop:

First disappointment was that on the tablet still the error message popped up that charging would not be possible using USB.

But then, DesktopSoftware recognized the tablet and now I am able to synch media Smiley Happy Now the tablet is shown as hard drive "z" if you're opeining windows explorer as well Smiley Happy

What's still pretty weird though is that on the tablet there still is the software update available icon shown, telling me there would be an update version 2.1.0.1917 available although the installed firmware already is 2.1.0.1917!??
It says the file only is 25 MB so I'm wondering if it's only an addition to the firmware or the complete firmware again which I remember to have been a file around 360 MB...

I'm afraid to install the little 25 MB update because I fear after that I won't be able to synch any media again and thus getting my problem back.

What would you do?

Thanks for sharing let's all enjoy our PlayBooks - eventually...