Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook/curve 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Playbook will not update software

Hi Just bought the playbook - when it initially started the download everything was fine, but then it says Sorry, there was a problem updating your tablet.  Tap retry or Turn off.  when I say retry it goes through all the software there is to update and the same "sorry" message.

I can't go any further, it won't update, restarting takes me back to the same thing, I can't get to any other screen, WiFi can't get to see if the wifi is still connected.

I tried plugging the playbook to my laptop to see if it would help, same thing.

Any help out there?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook will not update software

Try using a different wifi hotspot like McDonalds or Starbucks. It seems too work.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

It's the same issue with me.

Playbook tried upgrading the OS twice ... but at both times on 90% it showed an error.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: t-mobile

hi i had same trouble ,but amazingly i took it to my friends house and used his wifi and straight away it downloaded and now works perfectly

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I am underwhelmed by the answers here.  I have tried 5 times now on my home wifi network and it has failed on every attempt.  I expected an alternate option that didn't involve blaming my equipment, but rather provided a different means by which to solve this problem.  Weak.