Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: T Mobile

Playbook with a mind of its own...

I apologize if this has been covered and I could not find the thread.  I have a new Blackberry Playbook and when it sits idle or sometimes when in use it behaves like someone is pushing the screen and opening applications on its own.  It makes me nervous because it opens emails, starts new emails, etc.  It ignores what I am trying to do.  I have the latest version of the software.  I saw a YouTube on how placing it near other electronics may cause this, but I have had it happen 20+ feet away from anything else.  I think this is a great product, but I cannot use it when I need it because it does this.  It is embarrassing to have it in front of my customers and not work properly.  Please help.

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook with a mind of its own...

Options > About, what is the OS version installed?

Have you actually noticed this get worse when around other electronics?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Hold down the Power Button for 20 seconds and release the button. Allow it to reboot, this should clear any glitches. If it does not restart hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 32GB, Q10
My Carrier: Bell

just plug it into another power outlet. :-) I had the same problem, now resolved.

My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: T Mobile

Thank you for the quick responses.  I have OS 2.1.0.1088 which my system says is the latest.  I have noticed the problem both near other electronics and away from other electronics.  I have noticed it plugged in and not plugged in.  I have rebooted and it still does it. It is odd. This morning it acted up , so I posted about it.  This evening it has been okay...

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Cool. Post back if it does.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code