Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Playbook won't Charge!

Thanks for the reply. When I try holding the power button for 20 seconds it flashes a red light and then an amber one for a few seconds and then nothing. I've been trying this for several days.

The only thing I haven't tried is the rapid charger. I'll give that a shot. Hopefully it works.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Bell

Received my magnetic rapid charger today and it worked!! My Playbook is charging again. I'm so happy. Thanks again!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Woo hoo, so glad you got it going.

Good luck, and thanks for reporting back.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Cleaning it worked for me!

My playbook died and stopped charging in 2012.

Today it's April 2016.

I randomly decided to give it a try again before I trash the thing.

Go to page 4 of this thread, scroll down to SPicard's post about cleaning the charging port of both the playbook and the rapid charger, using rubbing alcohol and a q-tip (make sure it's unplugged first for safety, don't get eletrocuted). After a minute of drying, I plugged it back in and I got a red light for a handful of seconds, then light off, then on, then off, then magically the lightning bolt charging icon appeared in the middle of the screen.

Now it's charging, yellow light slowing fading on and off. I can't wait to boot her up again.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Playbook booted up with 0% charge, I kept it on the magnetic charging dock, spent some time going through old pictures and stuff, and turned it off the charge long term.

Found out that it DOES NOT CHARGE when turned off. I tried the 2 min on/off method but it wouldn't raise the battery level. I left it charging 24 hours and no change.

Now, I got it started and left it on the charging dock, and after 20 mins I am now at 3%.

I think it will only charge when ON or Stand-By.

I'll get it up to 20% then run the OS update to get it fixed.

This is a miracle success story for me! Hahahaha.. it's funny, using this old hardware after 4 years of silence. I still think this tablet rocks the competition, it's still better than iPad Mini in my opinion, the only tablet with 2 stereo speakers! Great for videos.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: N/a

I had trouble figuring out how to charge this most useless of all tablets too.  However, and I might have got very lucky, mine has charged whether on or off if I manage to get the plug at the correct angle.  Mine works perfectly considering that the only accessory I bought (from ebay, not bb) was a protective case or cover which when folded backwards sets up my pb charge cord at the perfect angle to charge this worst of all devices.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

garsumm wrote:

I had trouble figuring out how to charge this most useless of all tablets too.  However, and I might have got very lucky, mine has charged whether on or off if I manage to get the plug at the correct angle.  Mine works perfectly considering that the only accessory I bought (from ebay, not bb) was a protective case or cover which when folded backwards sets up my pb charge cord at the perfect angle to charge this worst of all devices.

lol

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

Read and learn about PB Charing Characteristics... the first being the avalability of an appropriate 1.8A PB Charger.... :¬)

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000027705