Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Playbook won't Power on

Knotty gave a awesome fix for this. Hook up to your computer open desk top manager and reinstall the software. Hopefully you have all your data backed up on your computer because this will be wiped out on the PB but it will work again. Good Luck.....Robert

Robert
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 gb, BB Curve 8530, BB Bold 9590
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

thanks for posting about the 3 button reboot ... it worked for me.

My Device: Playbook 16gb 7 inches screen
My Carrier: sprint

Hello everyone,

mine too does not power up. red light blink and then the green blink exactly 5 times after that and then nothing.

tried charging for more than an hour this evening.

tried to hold down power button for 10 seconds or more as mentioned in this forum.

mine is playbook 16gb bought online from Rim website online and just 3 months old.

any suggestion will be appreciated.

should i consider my device is toast ? 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 gb, BB Curve 8530, BB Bold 9590
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hi, I have had this happen twice now.  The second time it happened I used the 3 button trick, but it took at least 4 or 5 tries.   

My Device: Playbook 16gb 7 inches screen
My Carrier: sprint

Hi,

i tried several times. yesterday i kept it fo charging whole night. i have to try it doing again. have not tried connecting it pc yet. since i have pressed the reset button several time i guess this changes back to factory setting. unfortunately the picts and video taken were not synced up to my pc, i guess they are lost.

what do you suggest should i contact bb and get the device returned and looked at.

thanks

My Device: Playbook running 2.0
My Carrier: ATT

Just had this issue. I did not have the original wall charger at the time and tried Griffin and iPad chargers both could not charge the playbook leaving me with flashing lights. However I did get access to the playbook dock fast charger. Works right after pluggin the unit it. I guess the usb connector might be having power issues? The dock charges off the three prong connectors on the right side. So I'm guessing it provides a better power connection with more power needed to revive the unit.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

over depleted batteries wont charge at full current and can only be charged with trickle depending on the circuitry. So it might seem dead but many times it can be charged again.

the rapid charger does provide more power, When the battery is drained too low, you have to charge for about an hour and then try the 3 button reset. Some have tried to charge it for 15 min the 3 button reset and it will power on after a few times of doing this.

Took me a more than 4 times on my son's playbook after he left it on with a game running over the weekend.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: cogeco

Woohoo and thank you.  My playbook is finally charging - using the wall  charger was the key with the rebooting by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

Thanks again.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: NCF

I just went through this when my playbook was packed away for a move.  After the panic and finding this thread I was able to get it back by plugging it in  repeatedly.  Holding the power button seemed to do nothing.

I wonder how many other people will put the playbook away in standby and having the battery d rain before they get back to it.  This problem should be in a FAQ as well as a warning about putting it into storage.