Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Playbook won't charge

Please help! Our dog chewed through the playbook charger ( the one with the yellow plastic near the charge point)
I tried charging the playbook by both plugging the USB lead into my xbox and pc and using a blackberry phone charger.
The Blackberry phone charger turned the playbook on but wouldn't charge it. I left it plugged in for 30 minutes and the charge symbol came up in the battery but the charge level remained at 0. Do I need to but a playbook charger or should the phone charger work, or do you think I need to get the playbook repaired??
Any help will be much appreciated!
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Playbook ( 32GB )
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Playbook won't charge

You might give this a try; 1)shutdown the playbook. 2)connect your available charging source ; 3)If you began to notice a red blinking light that is a indication your PB is charging.

Wish you success! 

The true rule, in determining to embrace, or reject any thing, is not whether it have any evil in it; but whether it have more of evil, than of good. There are few things wholly evil, or wholly good.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Playbook won't charge

The PlayBook charger you mention has. 5 volt, 2 Amp (2000 milliamp) output. Some of the black tipped chargers put out 1.8 amp output. The phone chargers put out about one half of the above. It will take twice as long to recharge with the phone charger. I would suggest you purchase a new charger.