Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 and Playbook 32GB.
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook won't connect to computer :(

I got this Playbook about a month ago, and haven't really started using it until now (sorry, been busy..).

Anyways, so I updated to the new OS, which went along fine.  But now when I try to plug it into my desktop, the BB Desktop Software won't connect to it.  It recognizes it, but it doesn't connect to it.  When I plug in my BB9900 to my computer via the same cable, it works fine and the desktop software has no problem with it.

Is my Playbook defective?  It's past my retailer's return period. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook won't connect to computer :(

do you have the latest version of desktop?

My Device: BB 9900 and Playbook 32GB.

I just checked and yes, it is the same version that i can download now. The Playbook charges fine. I wiped the Playbook last night and updated the playbook OS again, but the probably still persists.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9810

I have exactly the same problem.  My playbook connects but the desktop software says the playbook OS needs to be updated.

Can anyone let me know how to resolve??

Visitor
My Device: Blablberry Playbook; Blackberry Curve 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem.  I am wondering if the new OS might be the issue.   Before the upgrade, I was able to connect through the Blackberry Desktop Software and copy files back and forth between my computer and the Playbook with no issues whatsoever.  I upgraded the Playbook to the new OS a few days ago, and now this does not work.  Thinking the Desktop Software might have been upgraded as well, I uninstalled it and did a re-install, but that did not help.  I get a Windows message that new hardware has been detected, but a driver cannot be found.  The Desktop Software is "aware" that the Playbook is there, because when I insert the USB cable to the computer, Desktop Software starts up, the Playbook screen looks the same (the "Dismiss" message), and the Playbook shows up as a device in the Desktop Software.  I see a message in Desktop Software that says "connecting," but eventually another message comes up saying it cannot connect, asking whether the Playbook is charged up, etc.  Nothing has changed on either of these two systems except the new OS on the Playbook.

If the new OS is the problem, I really would like to go back to the old one.  I saw some instructions on another forum for how to do that, but those instructions say to do a Playbook backup first, and without a connection that obviously cannot happen.

Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g (use this every day still), 2-z10's, Passport
My Carrier: Telus

i just had the same problem but opened the desktop then plugged the playbook in and no problems so far