Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook won't recognize HDMI cable anymore

Hi there,

I have watched several videos on my TV via my Playbook, but when I tried to connect it today it doesn't recognize it and says it's not connected.  It's been a couple weeks since I last watched it this way.  Could it be one of the latest updates that has caused this?

I was going to try to wipe it and load everything back on but when I tried to back up all my files Pre-wipe it keeps failing.

Smiley Sad

I'm starting to wonder if the Playbook  is better off in my 2 year old neices hands.  She might make better use of it.

New Contributor

Re: Playbook won't recognize HDMI cable anymore

Ok,   I backed it up and wiped it.  Reloaded everything and the hdmi cable is still not being recognized.

Any suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

have you tried to power off the TV and try it again?

do you have an extra HDMI cable to rule it out?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I have tried your suggestions, but no change.  Realized that it's the connector on the Playbook that is causing the issues,  Tried my 2 HDMI cables and it sometimes shows connected for a second before disappearing.  It's quite loose.  Just got off with tech support.  Suggesting that I send it in to be replaced.

I'll just see if I can get an exchange at Best buy.  Over 30 days now though

Hope I can do that otherwise I'll be without it for a while.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

That process takes around 1 week, maybe less.
My Device: playbook 64gb wifi
My Carrier: n/a

ive had the same issue on my original 16gig version - it was kindly swapped out by the retailer for a 64. this has now failed on me with the same issue. fortunately when i returned they also gave me 3 yrs swap out cover so its going back at weekend.