Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor II
My Device: PRIV Android 6.0 Beta, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10, PlayBook

Re: Playbook won't turn on, boot, or charge. LED flashing red.

Great! What OS version do u have?
BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0 Beta. /Passport/Z30/Q10/Z10/PlayBook, #BlackBerryFanOfTheMonth
(Not BB Employee)
New Contributor
My Device: 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

My 16GB BlackBerry Playbook wouldn't turn on one day after I turned it off at 18 percent. Apparently after I turne it off, it somehow drained the last of the battery and was dead so I couldn't reboot it. And it also wouldn't charge either. So I read around on the internet and finally found one guys post saying he took the playbook apart and disconnected the battery then reconnected it. I didn't have the correct size phillips screwdriver, so I ordered one off amazon (size #00). I got it in the mail today and tookt he PlayBook apart, disconnected the two screws holding the battery ribbon cable onto the motherboard, then reconnected it. After that I immediately plugged it into the wall charger and a red battery icon with a lightning bolt appeared on the screen. After that the led turned green and would go in and out, meaning it was charging. Left it alone to charge for about an hour until it automatically booted back up. Now my PlayBook works perfectly.

Here's a video of what I did... http://tinypic.com/r/28lgoqb/6

The video doesn't show the process of taking the PlayBook apart. If you don't have the plastic prying tool that's meant for this, then use the smallest flathead screwdriver you can find. But be carful cause it will scratch the edges of the PlayBook, and the plastic pieces around the HDMI and the charging port on the bottom are very brittle and can break easily.

My Device: bb9900,playbook
My Carrier: 07946166216

Hi I did what you said my playbook literally went dead it wouldnt charge or switch on even after charging it for over 24hours both via usb and the charger,i tried step 2 and 3 I noticed the red led would come on for like 2 seconds and then an amber light for like 3 secs then it would go dead after trying step 2 and 3 for over ten times the amber led started to show green and the charging symbol was displayed on the Screen so I guess it is charging now thanks for ur help!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF **bleep**.  I tired every and all options provided to get my Playbook to boot.  Playbook will not start despite all efforts.  Frankly I hope RIM goes bankrupt TOMORROW as they have sold a defective piece of **bleep** here.  I have wasted over $500 including programs and have NOTHING but an expensive paperweight to show for it.   There is no tech support and I believe I have been ripped off for the last time by this derelict of a company.  RIM, go screw yourselves.  I would rather go pay for a root canal than deal with you useless A-Holes anymore.    One pissed, X-RIM consumer (4 Blackberries/1 playbook - goodbye forever) 

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

CPolysou wrote:

Just call it a paperwieght and admit you bought a piece of **bleep** like I did.  Tried every and all solutions, nothing works.  RIM is a disgrace.  Goodbye and hoep you go down quickly. 

Have you called your PlayBook support?

Rim Support
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405

Since we don't know specifically what you've tried or what to recommend to you, it'll be difficult to give you other suggestions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

manzoor wrote:

Playbook won't turn on, boot, or charge. LED flashing red.

Mine's doing the same two flashes, not reconised by the PC, did you manage to fix it ?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

There is no fix if you loose 100% power in the battery.  Mine is now in permanenet storage.  What a waste of apps/$$.

New Contributor
My Device: 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Obviously you didn't read my post about fixing my PlayBook when the battery completely drained.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

I did but mine's under warranty thankfully,  I've tried all the suggestions, the last hope is I'll leave it to completly drain off charge for a few days otherwise  it's back to the shop

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

CPolysou wrote:

There is no fix if you loose 100% power in the battery.  

Not true. There are many posts including repairs from knottyrope and eb121209 plus the usual easier fixes using routines to get it past the zero charge state yiu let it get to. Ok it shouldn't happen bu 5H1T happens.

________