Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook won't turn on, boot, or charge. LED flashing red.

I have tried every and all online fix suggestion for the past two seeks including repeated power on/off via surge bar, on/off while pressing volume buttons, etc, etc, etc.... Over 2 weeks trying 10+ suggestedd fixes with absolutely no success. Sent it to two Blackberry tech's first fror 3 weeks and they had no sucess incuding taking the unit apart and ensurign all was good inside with power button, charging circuit and battery connections. Still unchargeable. I have spent enought time and money to buy 2 new playbook's, but what is that expression of throwing away good money after bad... ENOUGH ALREADY.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Two BlackBerry technicians? You sent it in for work and they sent it back unworking?

Can you please explain?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: o2

Ok after a week of 2 red flashes and the playbook not recognised by the PC I'm at last getting somewhere.  I tried everything but this evening with the playbook on the rapid charger i kept connecting / reconnecting the playbook on the magnetic contacts a second on/ second off, after at least a few dozen attempts I finally got the lighning symbol and it started charging. After leaving it on for  a while I transferred it to the PC and tried the update firmware procedure that I've done many times before when It's died on me, after an hour of downloading I got the usual can't update error. so I used cfp to reload the firmware and reconnecting to the charger I got the flashing green led and finally it booted to the set up screen....there has to be a better way than this please RIM. I've spent hours doing this and wish I bought Galaxy Tab or any other Andoid device that just works...

New Contributor
My Device: 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

New Contributor
My Carrier: 00000000

I had the same problem as everyone else on this thread - playbook wouldn't charge.  

The first time I bought the rapid charger and worked really well and charged up the playbook as the wall charger wouldn't charge the device.

The second time, after having bought the rapid charger, the playbook wouldn't charge, despite being plugged into the rapid charger.  I couldn't figure it out, I tried everything that these posts mentioned - except for one thing...attaching the playbook rapid charger to the playbook for about one second, disconnecting for one second, attaching the playbook rapid charger to the playbook for about one second - kept doing this for a few tries and finally got lightening bolt charging symbol on the playbook!!!

Not sure why, but it works!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

tatters101,

Thanks.

You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: 00000000

Thank you for letting me know!!!  

cheers,

Tim

My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: 07850340999

Thanks .. that worked for me ..

Bob Baxter, Aberdeen

New Contributor

Nothing here works. What a piece of **bleep**. My playbook is just a good looking paper weight.
New Contributor

I agree totally. $400 for a paper weight is a lot of money. This is bull!! Blackberry should recall the Blackberry Playbook or discontinue them immediately. I will never purchase a product from RIM ever again. What a piece of **bleep**!!!!