Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Playbook wont send email

Although it will receive emails, my playbook will no longer send.  Everytime I try to send an email, I get the little red clock and it says "there was an interruption in sending this message, please try again".  I've tried a dozen times and it still won't send.  I've deleted the email account and reinstalled it several times.  Still no go.   I then deleted the account, rebooted the playbook and reinstalled, still no go.   Any suggestions out there???

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Playbook wont send email

Hello hodg1869,

Sorry to hear you're having issues sending email from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

What type of email account are you using -Gmail? Yahoo? POP? IMAP? ActiveSync Exchange? 

Have you bridged your device to your tablet? If so, are you sending from the Bridge Messages or are you using the native messages app? 

What type of WiFi network is your tablet connected to - home network or a HotSpot? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Unplug your router for a minute. Plug back in again. Then reboot your PlayBook again. Try your outgoing email again. It sounds like your router is disconnecting when sending.
Contributor

My service provider is Bell Canada.  Therefore the account is basically a hotmail account as that is who Bell uses for their email.   It has always been set up as a hotmail account and has worked perfectly until now.   I have a second playbook which is setup with a different email account with Bell.  No problem with this one.

This morning however, all emails that had been sent yesterday and with the little red clock beside it were all of a sudden sent.  No particular reason, it was simply sitting on the desk with no one touching it.

Contributor

Sorry, I missed a couple of your questions.  Both playbooks are connected to a home network.   The problem existed while the playbook was bridged to my 9800 as well as when connected to my home network.