Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook

Before I installed the 2.0 update I only had one set of icons for Contacts, email and calendar.

Now I have a set of new ones plus the Contacts, email and Calendar icons on my Blackberry Bridge.

When I alter the calendar on the new icons it syncs to my computer. But when I alter the calendar on the bridge I have to physically sync to the computer to change

Is it not possible to just have the one set of icons, say the new ones that appeared with the new update to the Playbook.

Also I found that I now have double entry of contacts with the new icon. I know that I can change these individually by link. But I have over 1200. Could I delete the complete contacts list and then reinstall.

Cabcb

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook

Hi there,

The easiest way to deal with the Bridge end of things is to simply unselect the items you don't want to appear on your PlayBook. To do this, go to the BlackBerry Bridge application on your phone, then highlight your PlayBook in the list, press the BB Menu and select Device Properties. Once here, uncheck anything you don't want to appear on your PlayBook (e.g. Calendar, Contacts, etc).

As to the duplicate contact list, one of the easiest ways to handle this will be to ensure you only have one email address being used to sync your contacts. So, if you have multiple email addresses on your PlayBook, go to Options > Accounts, then pick the email address you want to sync your contacts with. Turn off the Sync Contacts option for your other email addresses.

Hopefully that will help out.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Tried what you said for the Bridge, the system will not let me highlight contact, email etc.

ccbjbcab1

Elite I

What version of Bridge are you on? Double check in App World (on your phone) to ensure you have the most recent version. You should be on version 2.0.0.25.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

I did as you suggested and updated the Bridge and therefore was able to unchecked what I did not need.

I have only use one email and I still get double entries in the contacts list.

ccbjbcab1

Elite I

Ok, so the first part has been resolved... that's good!

As to the contact list, if that's the case, I'm not sure if there is currently an easy way to deal with the duplicates. One method would be to merge them manually or delete the extras manually. The other alternate method would be to do a security wipe, and then resync everything back, but that would also delete everything else off the PlayBook, including your files, pictures, music, etc.

A way to avoid losing the files would be to simply copy them to your computer first, then once you've done the security wipe and are back up and running, you can transfer them back.

To do the security wipe, go to Options > Security > Security Wipe and follow the instructions.

Anyhow, there's my suggestion. Maybe someone else will be able to come up with a less drastic alternate suggestion though.