Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook version 2.1.0.1032
My Carrier: None D A

Playbook

Hello, 

I would like to know why all bb apps suck, and why bb is not compatible with any sort of other device. I was sold this unit about a year ago...and when i was looking at the one question that was important to me, IS THIS DEVICE COMPATIBLE with SKYPE? Turns out they were full of **bleep** when they said yes, and i am still angry because there is no possible way to do video calls with any other device. Also there is no other messaging applications that blackberry uses that are compatible with any other type of mobile device. And that is the reason blackberry is going for a **bleep**. Because of incompatibility witheverything else. Tango doesnt work, kik messenger doesnt work, and my android phone is faster and can do more then this 32gb playbook. Which by the way costed me over $600, and it cant even do what i bought it for. And slower then my great grandmother with a broken hip for god sake. And while scrolling, even if my hand is moving onthe screen, most of the time...if there is an advertisement and i touch it, it will automatically go to whichever ad i touch....while scrolling. i would like to see a change. This device turned me off touch screen devices till i played with the android products. btw. won't see me purchasing/wasting money and time on a blackberry device ever again. Thanks for reading this D A. Sincerely, Don.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playbook

Thanks for your opinion. It sounds like you spent $600 without doing proper research. I'm sorry you're so disappointed. You should go talk to whoever told you that Skype was available for the Playbook as they lied to you. Believe it or not, I actually like my Playbook much better than my iPad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Pretty hard to do research with no comp. And when i went to the store there were 3 persons there who all said skype does work. 2 sales reps. And the manager all said it DID work. But thats fine. Thank you for the input. However, i by far prefer my android device
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Whoever told you that lied to sell you the device. You should have returned it then if you were so unhappy with it. There never has been, nor will there ever likely be, a Skype app on the Playbook. It's too bad but, for the record, the reason there is no Skype is because Microsoft will not allow access since it will be releasing its own devices shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes that is understandable. Too bad though. And would have returned it if i hadn't gone to school 1500 miles away before i got a chance to actually use it. Which was the reason i bought it. To stay in contact with family and what not.

Guru II

[ Edited ]

So, you took the word of a salesman, never used the device until you were too far away to even see if it worked. It's too bad that your experience wasn't what you thought it should be but it's not the Playbook's, or RIM's fault.

As a side note, the Playbook is only $200-$300 now for a 64Gb model which makes it cheap enough to convince others to purchase. I got my wife one for Mother's Day and she loves it. We video chat over it quite often. I really like it. However, I knew what I was getting when I bought it.