Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

PlaybookBugs and Missing "Standard" Features (a dictionary should be standard)

News Reader Bug

- The RIM developed news reader app after prolonged use malfunctions. During the loading of some web pages, the pages take a long time to load, and when they finish loading upon scrolling the pages tear and become unreadable. However, when the same pages are loaded into the Playbook browser the pages do not tear. There is something wrong with the application when it comes to rendering web pages. Also, the speed it loads feeds is slow, so make it so even when in paused behavior it will continue to load feeds in background. 

Playbook  Browser request for GUI modifications

- When the browser is running in full screen mode, the only button available is back. Back, forward, stop, and home should be available. 

- Also, there needs to be a way to make modifications to the favorites folder and rearrange their order and title them custom names. 

- Also, in favorites view a new convention for the web page icon display should be designed. Its a big square that is supposed to represent the web page but really doesn't the print is way too small. 

+Fix idea - (Screen shot capture idea) When storing a new favorite an option comes up that says would you like to create an icon to represent the page you just saved as a favorite? you click yes... then it loads the page in favorite clipping mode... then you drag a picture frame over a small portion of the web page that you would like to use as the image for the favorites icon. Playbook copies and saves to a folder full of web page clippings that it uses for the favorites icons.

It is important to be able to title and optimize the favorites folder. Rather the icon capture mode or simply a favortites renaming and customiation convention are created, the favorites must be able to be personalized. 

Feature request... Dictionary (Come on guys, implement a way to copy, paste to dictionary app on the playbook.)

- I don't see why a big company like RIM doesn't have their own dedicated dictionary app. It needs to be locally stored database, not an internet dictionary.

- It should work from the news reader app and the browser. A good implementation of a RIM dictionary I think would be a good thing. 

Android Standby Mode - I think it is the android apps that really kill the battery in the background. If that is the case maybe a mode where android goes into hibernation or standby. 

A good graphics calculator app. What a win it would be to be the only company who has a texas instruments designed graphics calculator app that works with the tablet. 

App Store Issues: So it's great you have all those apps, but it's super disorganized. At least in the education section break it down into sub-categories- math, science, english, chemistry, languages, theology, philosophy, phys ed, anat-phys, biology. 

RIM Essential app group: A group of programmers and managers could form a task force to locate emerging essential apps and functionality, this group would bring essential apps and software to RIM. 

Also, somebody broke the browser on my Bold 9700 with the most recent update for tabbed browsing, doesn't anyone test these things before they are launched. Don't break old stuff when making updates to bring new functionality. It's simple, the bold 9700 doesn't have enough memory to be a many tab browser. Create a simple update to that phone and fix my browser. 

Also, playbook should be able to do sms messaging via bridge and my bold 9700. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: PlaybookBugs and Missing "Standard" Features (a dictionary should be standard)

also the playbook has an fm tuner right? somebody make the radios work on these devices. I like the radio sometimes. If the hardware is there, why doesn't the software exist?