Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Power button driving me nuts

The swipe from top frame to bottom frame or vice-versa only works from standby mode, not full power off.  A touch of the power button should put you in standby mode (that is what I am having a problem with).  Holding the power button until the power off dialog appears is full power off.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

[ Edited ]

I am facing the same problem, i downloaded 1710 and seems to be working better. Now i cant put it in stand by using the power button, i just set it to go to sleep after 5 min i believe and leave it ON all the time. I agree, the button will have a short lifespan. RIM should do something to compensate for this flaw in the design.

Photobucket
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Okay, I wasn't going all the way from the top to the bottom. Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You know, they could pretty much elimiate all the complaints about the silly power button by coming up with a decent gesture to put the PB to sleep.  That's 95% of what I use the bower button for.  Maybe someone on the development team is listening??

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

I was thinking the same thing myself!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Pardon the silly questions, but what is the 1710 Upgrade?  Is that a software or hardware upgrade?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Hope you get your device soon, & yes the device automatically goes to sleep when not in use for a certain amount of time.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

The reference to the 1710 upgrade is the Playbook operating system that RIM pushed out the other day. The full name is "Blackberry Tablet OS v1.0.1.1710"..

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook

I am not in the same boat, I use my thumb in the power button and I have big hands.

I think you may be over pushing, there is a little delay between when you push and when the LED comes on.