Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Print To Go download

I've tried downloading Print ToGo for the Playbook from the BB page. The file I get is ".exe" (that's right--just the extension), which executes OK but installs the BB Desktop only--no sign of Print To Go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Print To Go download

I assume you went to blackberry.com/printtogo.

This worked for me and installed a printer driver.

Whenever I want to send something to the PB I just select the "Print To Go" printer.

There is an initialization step the first time where an ID code is displayed when you open up "Print To GO" on the PB.

This ID code has to be typed into the "Print To Go" printer dialog page on the PC.

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I was at the correct site, but today, after downloading ".exe", Print To Go installed correctly, this after tryinbg the same thing several times yesterday.

Sigh...I must have gremlins.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Here are more instructions on Installing Print to Go on your system.Installing “Print To Go” on your System

Print to Go is a small software program that will allow any document on your computer to be sent to your PlayBook by wifi. To install successfully, your PlayBook must be connected to your wifi network along with your computer. Do not connect them by cable.

Download the Print to Go program from the RIM download centre and install it on your computer. The program is 22 mb in size and took me 11 minutes to download.
After it downloads, click on the Install button to install it on your computer.
After installing on your computer, go to Start, Click on Printers and Faxes (I have XP Pro) and check to see if “Print to Go” is present as a printer along with your other printers.
Now try and Print any document. Select a file on your computer. In the process, select “Print to Go” as your printer. Do this on your computer.
You will now be asked to enter your BlackBerry ID and Password on your computer in order to continue.
Go to your PlayBook and Tap the “Print to Go” icon. When it opens, Swipe down from the top. Tap the Settings Gear and a special “Desk Top Pairing Password” is shown. Write this down (it is very secure, case sensitive etc) and enter it exactly on the Computer Screen.
Your PlayBook will receive an alert that a message has been sent. Tap on the message and Voila, you file opens on PlayBook.
Very simple process. Took me a total of at least 17 minutes to do. Works Great.

Thanks. Once I managed to get the correct download, ecrythi ng went really well. Very nice app.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodacom