Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Print to Go in Windows 8

Has anyone used Print to Go successfully from a Windows 8 Metro App? Reader for example. I am sure this worked for me the first time I tried it a couple months ago.

I can print from a "desktop" application. The document preferences window opens and I am good to go. No metro style apps will work however, I assume because I can't get to the document preferences window.

I appreciate any insight anyone has.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Print to Go in Windows 8

BBuser7451 wrote:

Has anyone used Print to Go successfully from a Windows 8 Metro App? Reader for example. I am sure this worked for me the first time I tried it a couple months ago.

I can print from a "desktop" application. The document preferences window opens and I am good to go. No metro style apps will work however, I assume because I can't get to the document preferences window.

BBuser7451 wrote:

My experience is the same as yours.  If the desktop is called then P2G works.  So far I've found nothing in the "Metro/whatever" gui that lets me print anything. Not even using the Skydrive app in the Start page.  Not sure why MS did this.  Seems like MS is addicted to loosing feet.  Wonder how many they have left? :

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what is a "windows 8 metro app" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

An application that runs in the new UI as opposed to the old Windows 7 style.

Contributor
My Device: 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Print to Go in Windows 8

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8

Every time I try to use Print to go I receive a              'Print to go connector has stopped working'        error message.

Having spent a couple of hours looking at, and trying solutions,  I am lost - this is really annoying  - it worked perfectly in Windows 7.

Any suggestions welcome.......

Pete

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

audiophono001 wrote:

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8

Every time I try to use Print to go I receive a              'Print to go connector has stopped working'        error message.

Having spent a couple of hours looking at, and trying solutions,  I am lost - this is really annoying  - it worked perfectly in Windows 7.

Any suggestions welcome.......

Pete

Check with Microsoft if Win8 Allows apps to run into their ' native' (in the case Win7) mode.  Win 7 had a feature to do this.

Also report the problem to BlackBerry Support. 

This is a very important app to, lose.