Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Print to Go

[ Edited ]

Hi

Since upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0. I cannot print form the PC to my tablet.

1. My tablet pin is **Removed**
  2. The tablet is running on OS2.1.0.1917
  3. I have the latest version of PTG on my PC V2.0.110
  4. PC is HP Envy All in One

When selecting the PTG on the Print Dialogue Box instead of getting the normal print instruction on the PTG Dialogue Box I am getting the following

1. Headings Log using Blackberry ID
  2. Print documents wirelessly to your device
  3. Navigation to the webpage was cancelled
  4. What can you try;
  5. Refresh the Page

On refreshing the page I get

1. This page cannot be displayed
  2. Make sure that the web address https://ptg.blackberry.com is correct.
  3. Look for the page with your search engine.
  4. Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I have uninstalled/installed the PTG a number of times but this has failed to correct the situation. I have also run the Windows compatability checks which indicate that PTG is compatible with Windows 7 and 8.

PTG is a brilliant application and I would like to restore the functionality as quickly as possible. Any help would be appreciated this is very mystifying.

Cheers

George

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Contributor
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: t-com

Re: Print to Go

PTG simply doesn't work!

It never worked on my PB although properly installed on pc .

Hoped it woul work after recent LS update -nothin has changed.

Fortunately the are a lot a,ternatives on the Android-market!

PTG was longer time ago subject in this forum -even then nobody found a solution!

Leave it and download an App. 

Contributor

Hi

This application has served me well since I acquired my BPB. Some further information has come to hand as I have founf the PTG Log file which states

***** Print To Go Version 2.0.110.0 *****

Connector launched with following parameters: "print" "C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\PtB7ECA.tmp" "Microsoft Word - BlackBerry Device Manager readme.rtf"

Login URL: https://ptg.blackberry.com:443/net.rim.msdp.service-catalogs.core.contributions.core-tokenservice-co...

LocalHost Callback URL: http://localhost:1234/myserverlet/

webBrowser_LoadCompleted

Showing browser window and hiding status bar

webBrowser_LoadCompleted

webBrowser_LoadCompleted

webBrowser_LoadCompleted

webBrowser_LoadCompleted

PrintToGoDesktop.exe Information: 0 : Removing temporary PostScript file 'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\PtB7ECA.tmp'

I  hope this may prompt some further response

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

https://ptg.blackberry.com yes I get this same error, I will try and remove and reinstall PTG on my windows enterprise desktop and let you know

Well after removing, cleaning PC with ccleaner, rebooting, and reinstalling, it is not going anywhere. That https page is not accessible, and seems down. BlackBerry, please fix this.

Just realised this has gone into playbook section, I can't even get this on my Q10, so I won't even try it on my playbook.

Contributor

Thanks very much for the response. I have done all what you have said including use of CC Cleaner. I too am of the opinion that this is a Balckberry problem. The URL is unobtainable as I have tried to obtain that URL via other means. Code has to change to allow the programme to go to where it wants to go to do whay it wants to do.. Do Blackberry Developers/Support monitor this site? I really like to get this working again. Saved a lot of printing for my meetings. Thanks

Contributor
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: t-com

BB has stopped all assistance and support as per 2014-03.31. And no further updates either.

No chance, simply look for (Android-) Alternatives.

Contributor

Thanks MaRicter I did not know that. They have not sent any message out to users to say that as far as I can recall.

I will take your advice and look for an alternative. Cheers

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I have exactly the same problem as Hison1948 and have tried everything from uninstalling PTG, switching off virus & firewall and so on. PTG stopped working after April 8 and I haave been on Windows 8.1 for a few months before this without any problems. Does any one know when Blackberry OS2.1.0.1917 was issued. Also Windows are notorius for their updates causing problems. Was there any conflicting updates issued between April 8 & April 16 as this is when the problem first arose,

I have connected PB via USB and dragged from main PC as a temporary solution but this is not ideal.

Any help please

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: No contract

It is so bad, the fact that PTG worked on windows 7, BlackBerry need to fix the issue with Window 8/8.1

Contributor

Agreed. The user forum has indicated that there is an issue. I would have expected to have some input from the software developers.