Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Print tool

PLEASE HELP ME, HOW TO GET PRINTS FROM PLAYBOoK TO WI-FI PRINTER

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Print tool

The only way I have be able to print out of my PlayBook is to an e-printer, and even then I have to do this by emailing the document or email through the printer's email address.  My local Costco had HP 3520 printers for $50 so picked one up.  It is a light duty all-in-one. When you set it up the setup prompts you to set up an email address through the HP servers. The server sends the print job back over the Internet directly to the printer. you don't have to have your desktop running. 

The 3520 also has Airprint so my wife, who has an $Pad, can print directly to it by 'sharing' a document to the printer. 

Would be nice if BB10 had Airprint built in.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

There is a free App in BlackBerry World called Hotspot Printing for PlayBook. Check it out, try it and let us know if it works.
Developer

I'm sure HotSpot Printer works very well but I am not a 'jetseter' just someone who needs to print the occasional document.  In addition the HP service is free, so long as you are using an HP printer. I guess printing from a tablet is a small need but just the same is a need for most users and all the tab developers have ignored this, I understand the development of a printing system built into he OS would be a huge challenge given the hundreds of different printers being used. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

There is another App called "Print". I use it but I don't know if it will work with a Wifi Printer. If works well for my purposes and I am not a jetseter either.
Developer

There is an HP ePrint app in BlackBerry World but looks like it is only available for BB phone running OS 4.5 or higher. So it seems it is rather old app and not available for PlayBook, possibly not even the new Z10 phone. Hopefully it will get updated for Z10 and run on our PBs when OS 10 is released for us.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/smart-phones-handhelds-calculators/mobile-apps/app_details.html?ap...
Developer

I have looked at the 'Print' apps in BB World but they all require you to have your desktop running. Since I bought my PlayBook about a year ago I go for weeks without turning on my desktop. For my needs and for anyone with an HP ePrinter the best solution is an updated HP ePrint app running on the PB.