Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Problem Connecting Playbook to Blackberry Desktop software + OSx

The title says is all I simply get an error that says:

"The Computer Cannot communicate with the device.

An Unexpected error has occured. Try reconnecting you device. If the problem persists, update to the latest version of the BlackBerry® Desktop software.

I have the latest version of the software. Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem Connecting Playbook to Blackberry Desktop software + OSx

I  may have had the same issue, and was able to solve it by ensuring that the Wi-Fi and Bridge were off before connecting to PC.  My husband suggested it after we tried a few other things and it worked.

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Try running desktop manager before connecting the playbook to the computer.  Connect it with the power off on the playbook.  Also be sure you have the latest version of the desktop manager software.

This worked for mine.

Visitor
My Device: Playbook 16gig
My Carrier: Wifi

I had the same problem but quickly found the solution to it. I simply disconnected my smartphone from the playbook. Go to settings, click on blackberry bridge and select your smarphone and click disconnect.

When the phone is connected to the playbook through the bridge feature and you connect your playbook to your PC, the PC recognizes the playbook as your smartphone. So simply disconnect your smartphone from the playbook by following the steps mentioned above.

Adino