Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: SaskTel

Re: Problem in my PlayBook's dock/favorite bar

For me the dock did not remain empty.  What was back in the dock were the original message,contacts,calendar and Browser Icons.  I dragged all but the browser off to a folder I created elsewhere and moved my Bridge Icons back in to the dock, then spent about 10 minutes arranging everything back to the way I had it.  It is working flawlessly now.    In any event, I cannot see that anybody has lost anything as a result of implementating this "fix".   The alternative is to reinstall from scratch, and in that case I believe you will lose everything.  

This procedure of moving everything to the dock area doesn't fix the bug that caused the problem in the first place, hopefully RIM will be able to track it down and rectify it.  In the meantime however, it does seem to reverse the resulting damage that occured as a result of the bug.

As I mentioned before, backup everything with Blackberry Desktop Manager before attempting any kind of fix.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: SaskTel

By the way, you must copy every app and every folder to the dock before restarting the Playbook.  I suspect the person who did not have success with the procedure (as you identified on Crackberry) may have only dragged the Icons from the main page.  Empty the main or first page ten scrill to the right and get rid of those too.  Keep on doing untill all pages are empty!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 3

cos i'd only had the book less than a day i just did a security wipe and started again. thanks for your help today :-)

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

andysm wrote:

cos i'd only had the book less than a day i just did a security wipe and started again. thanks for your help today :-)

You did right. That problem was reported as a rare bug in the beta 2.1. I wouldn't want it to become a fix-all for lost icons til someone explains how it works.

________