Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone

Problem with BlackBerry Playbook HDMI Connection

I recently purchased a micro HDMI to HDMI cable with the hope of streaming youtube to my tv from my playbook , however once I plugged in the HDMI Cable my Playbook's screen would not come up on my tv , all my tv says is no signal and when I checked the HDMI settings on my playbook it said no HDMI cable was connected. Your help would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problem with BlackBerry Playbook HDMI Connection

I've never had any trouble connecting via HDMI. Did you plug it into the proper port on the bottom left? Seems like an obvious question but you'd be surprised how many people mix up the ports. The only other thing I can think of would be a defective cable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi John, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have it plugged into the proper port. I only bought the Cable yesterday and was very frustrated when it would not work on any of my tvs. If anyone else has any ideas on what might be wrong, please let me know. Thanks again.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm traveling today and don't have my Playbook with me to look at the specific settings. If all the HDMI settings are enabled for HDMI out then it has to be a problem with the port or the cable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: digicel

I used to use it. Then it stopped working for me after the last update. Do a search. Blackberry is aware of this and refuses to do anything about it. Blackberry doesn't give a sh#$% about their customers. Thats why their down in androids septic tank.  Serves them right.

Guru II

Good grief.

Guru II

Make a full backup with BBLINK. Then use Link to reload the OS to the Playbook. Try the HDMI port again. If it works then restore your backup. If not then it's a hardware problem with the device or the cable, or as has happened to my LG TV, the HDMI input is bad and you'll need to try another port on the TV.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I refuse to buy another cable. I don't believe in coincidences. I used hdmi to tv the day before i updated. It stopped working after the update on the same day, although i didn't try it until a couple hours after i installed the update. I went on to try it on two other TV's.

After becoming fedup with not being able to run android apps properly, bb not delivering on promises like skype. I decided to just park it and get an android tab.

Maybe i'll give your reset rollback thingy a try. 

Guru II

You're lucky I even gave you a reply at all. You only came to rant and make false statements about BlackBerry, not find a solution. Nobody cares that you bought an android tablet.

New Contributor

Wow! I just met a real live true fanboy  I'm loyal to no company. Believe what you want. I know the playbook is a superior device, even today. If they continued to address the software issues, I would still use it.  But it never had a chance,  because it got zero backng from the bureaucrats at blackberry. Defend them all you want. Maybe your being paid or just a fanboy. But being a  'fanboy' impairrs vision. Good luck to you and waving that flag.