Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Problem with DDPB Error 'Incorrect IP or Password'

[ Edited ]

I keep getting the 'Incorrect IP or Password' error. I have set my Playbook in Development Mode Installed latest Java(6-31) Connected my Playbook with USB Cable to Computer but nothing seems to work. Any assistants would be very much appreciated.

New Contributor
My Carrier: BT

Re: Problem with DDPB Error 'Incorrect IP or Password'

Hi 

I had the same problem and you have to make sure that the Jave runtime environment is suited for your PC. Once you have this installed and you open the DDPB connect your playbook to your PC and wait until your playbook screen tells you that it is connected. Then press dismiss and instead of entering your IP address, try scanning for it.(mine brings up a different IP address than is stated in my development mode box). Enter your password and then press connect and wait to see if it connects. It doesn't always connect first time sometimes it can take 2 or 3 attempts.

New Contributor

Thank you Chrissy14 for your reply. I followed your suggestions and tried to connect many times without success. What did you mean by Java runtime environment suited for my PC? I was told that I needed the latest version which is what I have. How do I know if this is the version suited to my PC? I downloaded and installed chromeinstall-6u31.exe I also installed earlier, a copy of 6-31 from java.com and tried that. Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You need the correct version and also make a path statement for java. The path is nt fun unless you grew up on DOS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

What sort of a response is this? My question again is how do I know what version of Java do I need if not the latest copy. thank You

New Contributor
My Carrier: BT

I see you state that you have Java version 6 in. Try going to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html and downloading the version Java Platform (JDK) 7u3 this is the latest version and the version that I have downloaded into my PC and it does work assuming you are running windows.  Good luck

New Contributor

Thank you again Chrissy14. I tried your suggestion and installed Java JDK 7u3 without luck. After uninstalling the Java version 6 Update 31 I installed 7u3 I still get the "Incorrect IP or Password" error. After talking to RIM they don't recommend using DDPB and they are adding Android Apps continually. Thank you for taking the time to help, it is very much appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

chucky83331 wrote:

I keep getting the 'Incorrect IP or Password' error. I have set my Playbook in Development Mode Installed latest Java(6-31) Connected my Playbook with USB Cable to Computer but nothing seems to work. Any assistants would be very much appreciate

There are 2 ip addresses.  One for wifi which is in my case 192.168.1.3. There is another. IP address for USB. Try the one called development ip. In my case it is 164.254.0.1

Hope this helps.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.