Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Problems syncing the new OS.2 calendar

Hi, I updated to OS.2 today and really like it so far. The addition of wifi email access, contacts, calendar, etc will come handy for those owners without a BB phone. I had a look at the calendar and have to say it is much more user friendly then the one on bridge or on the phone, so I would like to use the new one from now, but for some reason it didn't sync the entries from my bridge cal.

I use Gmail and just noticed that my phone (Storm 2) never actually synced my 'gmail calendar' entries to my gmail account for some reason. So I went into settings and found that the calendar sync was enabled, but in the calendar options under the gmail account the drop down menu for 'wifi sync' says 'no' and is faded, ergo cannot be switched on.

So I went back to just copy all my entries onto the new (not bridge) calendar and found that I had to log on with my gmail password again. I did that, started making entries on both my pc and my pb to see if it is syncing properly - it did. But then, half an hour or so later, all of a sudden my pb just dropped an error message saying 'incorrect gmail account password' and asked me to re-enter it. I did, but it didn't accept it. closed the calendar, opened it again, had to log on again, worked fine. Some time later, same problem again.

Anyone had similar problems? Any solutions, ideas yet?

to RIM: would it not be a lot easier if we only had one calendar that automatically synced with your BB if you install Bridge, instead of running 2 different ones?

Sorry for the long winded post, hope it's not confusing.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook and Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems syncing the new OS.2 calendar

Similiar issue here. I'm using ActiveSync for Outlook but calendar is not 100% synced.

New Contributor

Yh I kept tweaking it to try and find a solution (had 2 gmail accounts added, thought deleting one may help) but just got frustrated. The main problem is that pb seems to lose my account every half an hour and comes up with the little error message in the left bottom corner 'gmail password error - tap here'. Then I tap, re-enter password and it doesn't accept it. I leave the password visible so I'm sure I'm not entering it wrong or anything, but it just doesn't work. Only switch off/back on solves it and only for a short period of time...

Contributor
My Device: playbook 32 and torch
My Carrier: rogers

I have the same issue.. gmail won't connect
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I gave up on POP or IMAP and use EAS instead.

remove current gmail account

then add new account

choose email, calendar, contacts

choose advanced setup

Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

- Description, put what you want to describe it

- Leave domain blank

- User name will be your user name on gmail

- Use your email address for email address
- Use m.google.com for server address

click on save and enjoy

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook and Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

My ActiveSync account lost; worked 2 days only.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'll try it and see if it works, thanks...