Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

Problems with Overdrive Media Mobile app

I have installed Overdrive on my Playbook latest version of both of operating system and Overdrive. The program appears to load including authorized with Adobe ID and loaded with local library. When I when I try to download  I do not  get the browser or search for Adobe EPUB. I also don't get the "Add to Cart" "or Proceed to Check Out" screen.

The program just goes to the library's generic page which will allow me to search for books but will not let me check them out.

Overdrive's solution was to reload the program form the app page. I have tried that three times. Their other recommendation was to buy an I-Pad, I think I'll pass on that.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

Re: Problems with Overdrive Media Mobile app

Wow that is strange! Overdrive works flawlessly for me (I use it all.the.time).

After you swipe down and select "get books", and you select your library, maybe try to log in (upper right corner link) before you search? What happens then?

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Problems with Overdrive Media Mobile app

When I installed this both on my BlackBerry Torch 9860 and my PlayBook, I had to associate my Adobe Digital Editions ID with both the apps.

Before I could download books from my local library, I had to add it as a "Book Source" and log in with my credentials.

I did use the BlackBerry phone app prior to using the BlackBerry PlayBook app if that matters.

Thanks

gajariam