Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Etisalat

Problems with Playbook Bridge

[ Edited ]
Help... I have a blackberry torch 9800 mobile and was so so looking forward to buying the Playbook. I am a business user so 95% for wanting to buy the PB is bridge feature for emails, contacts, calendar, task, bbm and internet browsing. I downloaded bridge software to my mobile, went to the shop to try bridge on the PB before buying and was SERIOUSLY disappointed when bridged my mobile to the PB !! Reasons being: 1-my mobile froze full time. So from my mobile i could not answer incoming calls, couldn't make outgoing calls, couldn't open nor do anything on my mobile until I cancelled the bluetooth bridge connection at which time my phone worked super fast as it always does, applications open super quick, commands executed quickly etc. 2-mobile battery drained quickly during bluebtooth bridging of 10 minutes only!! So if I bridge for an hour it will suck my battery dry!! I can not carry a battery charger with me just to be able to bridge as the sales attended suggested...no way as I need to bridge at least 3 hours daily. 3-when I used the bridge Internet browser it took a good 4 minutes to simply open a new web page!! 4-when I made new appointments, tasks or contacts (or made changes to existing entries) on PB it sometimes took a good 3 minutes to show the new or amended entries on the PB!! The salesperson told me every time I made a new entry or changed an existing entry I am to close the program and reopen it to see the new / amended entry....no way and definitely NOT practical!! The salesman told me to buy a faster blackberry mobile to be able to properly use PB bridge and not have the above problems. This does not make sense to me as don't really want to buy a new mobile as my current mobile is superfast. Of course I did not end up buying the PB. Can anyone help advise how to resolve above problems as I really DO want to buy the PB to use the bridge feature on it....I love the bridge feature. Also does anyone know for future play books if they will have native emails, calendar etc + when these new play books versions will be coming out to buy??
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems with Playbook Bridge

what version bridge did you try?

What version OS was on the playbook?

Mine does not drain fast at all when bridged unless i surf a lot on the web since it will use the full internet and not the compressed version you phone usually uses.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Don't know which version of bridge nor OS on playbook
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible it was an older one.

My 9800 Torch worked reall with teh playbook

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

it would seem that the OP tried a PB that was not up to date. I have no problems with the bridge connection.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
Contributor

How to fix my above problems with the blackberry torch and playbook when I bridge?