Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook
My Carrier: Telekom

Problems with pptx files

Hello,

we oprate a small BB-server (newest version) with 10 BB and 5 Playbooks.

Everything works fine except the problem, that the Playbooks do not open pptx files with docstogo.

While trying to do so, the docstogo opnes but than an error message appears

This file cannot be opend ( 121044996)

Our very frustating problem is that no one of our partners seems to be responsible to help us.

Our Provider Telekom told us, that Playbooks are only supported by RIM. RIM support told us that this not there problem and we are not able to get in contact with docstogo becasue the installed version on the PB is only supported by RIM.

A direct solution would be great, but we would also be happy if someone can tell us, who is able and willing to help us to solve that problem.

BTW: It seems to be a very rare problem. We found only two or three entris in the net butin another forum someone  could replicate the problem withut beeing in a BES surrounding.

It would be realy great if we might get help in the offical RIM forums.

THX in advance

Stefan

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Problems with pptx files

Maybe the following information may help you.
While the PPTX extension itself doesn't really have many drawbacks or considerations, its indication of using the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint may cause some problems. PowerPoint's latest version as of July 2011 was the Microsoft Office Suite 2010 package. Although PowerPoint 2010, which saves files in the PPTX format, may open files created and saved in earlier versions of PowerPoint with the PPT extension such as PowerPoint 2003, some of the fonts, formatting and general design and layout may be skewed. Users going from one to the other should take caution to review their slides and make any adjustments before presentation day. One last consideration is sending a PPTX file to a user with a much earlier version of PowerPoint. Among the potential problems are the user not being able to open the file at all or the elements of the slides looking completely jumbled or garbled upon opening.

Read more: What Is a .PPTX File? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8725321_pptx-file.html#ixzz1wpJs5YZz
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Have you copied the file to the documents folder on the playbook and try to open thru a program like dies and folders available thru app world.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook
My Carrier: Telekom

Thx for the answers.

Did i understand you right, that there are different versions of Office 2010 around and that might be the problem?

Strange. But whar can we do than?

The trick with using other aps did not work.

Has someone an idea whom we can ask regarding the error message? May be that will be helpfull.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany, Vodafone Germany

Hello,

If you often use power point files from your own copy, you can set Microsoft office up to save files in the older format. The option is in power point main menu. This is a workarounds for internal use only. Documents from external people is still a problem. I hope this helps you a little bit.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Try changing the .pptx to .ppt and see if that will work.