Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: RIM if you're listening, tomorrow is make or break day

@klclark

i dont agree with the way you are seing this product i have to say. Yes indeed alot of stuff are missing that are basic but nonetheless, this product is still way superior to others on the market. Again RIM's problem is only timing. Today with Blackberry World conference on the way, they already made a huge leap by adding bbm and video conferencing app. Personnally, the comments i make are constructive critics. I want RIM to make it better and Im also gonna do my part and im sure even if you tried very hard to show only the flaws of the product, alot more qualities will come out of it. So as a strong advice, sit tight and dont worry! RIM is starting to listen to its end users and developpers to make all of their products better! Also remember that they need us end users like any other platform as well as developpers to make a product elevate to its full potential. And that stands not only for RIM but for Apple, Android, webOS and any other platform out there.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook Developer
My Carrier: none

Re: RIM if you're listening, tomorrow is make or break day

Bridge means nothing to me as I am not a Blackberry phone user. I get that this device is not aimed at non Blackberry users, but there is a huge lack of very basic functionality (auto-correct, predictive word suggestions, On my iPad, I have native Exchnage and Pop Mail support out of the box. Ditto on my Windows Phone 7. Bridge would be a kludge even if it worked flawlessly, but what I read here makes me think it has serious issues. 

Now that I have the device in hand (to be fair, it was free for doing an app) I am impresed by a lot about it - feels good in the hand, if a bit heavy, screen is very nice, basic UI for getting around the various funcitons works well for me (though there are inconsistencies). But overall, it feels unfinished and rushed.

Two apps and counting:
Video Poker: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/33870
Classic Slots: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/40279