Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

RIM if you're listening, tomorrow is make or break day

Monday 2nd May is make or break day for many PlayBook users that are on the fence about returning their devices. I know many people in the same situation and they are returning, if an update to address the key issues (Bridging & email) doesn't come out by tomorrow. Some have already started to return their devices.

Most of us love the hardware, OS and device in general but the bridge and email bugs are big enough to box it back up and head back to the store.

Come on guys. I put my neck on the line and defended RIM when colleagues and friends heard I was waiting for the PlayBook, it's time for you to take action.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: RIM if you're listening, tomorrow is make or break day

i agree! Although i will not be returning my playbook, i think RIM needs to either employ more programmers and builders to bring out things people want faster or restructure the departments involve in the current procedures involving this product. The problem we as consumers have with RIM is not the technology itself since im convinced that their R&D are doing very well, but more with timing! And in business, and really ANY business timing is critical for marketing, product release, customer satisfaction and so on! RIM has some great ideas but is too slow and are missing their window of oppurtunity. So if somebody with influence at RIM is reading this, hurry up and do something cause over seas your product might be great but always remember that its in NorhAmerica that it started and the world is mostly looking at us on product appreciation most of the time. (not all the time)

Also i would like to add that i understand perfectly that RIM always has been an enterprise aiming to sell products and aiming them at other enterprises. But time have changed and now other enterprises do not want to be responsible for employees mobile devices anymore to cut on cost and save some money. Therefore, now you can break down the enterprise as being a group of consumer who realised that the enterprise no longer wants to impose those product is now leaving them the choice. So still mostly aiming at enterprises as a whole makes less and less sense over time since the enterprise is composed of many consumers who all have different tastes. So RIM you will have to reconsider ASAP who your products are aimed at since the enterprise world is more and more seperating itself from its employees and leaving them a certain liberty of choice to avoid gigantic bills to cut on cost and to give more satisfactions to them as well. Cause a satisfied employee is an employee that will give you a good return on your money.

So RIM, as a good advice, you better listen to your customer more than ever before if you want to be back at a leader spot! Do not neglect consumers since we are the ones dictating the success of a product now! Enterprises as a whole is not enough anymore to be able to lead this multi billion industry!
Contributor

Glad to see that I'm not alone.

RIM - Open a beta programme or something for users that want to test OS updates while understanding they are "as is". It would keep a lot of busy testing the new updates for you rather than waiting and hearing "somethings coming, next week (maybe) etc.)

I for one would love to be part of an official Beta tester and receive regular updates and provide feedback. Keep us interested because I'm sensing that you don't have any updates coming up and are just scrambling around trying to plug holes. Prove us wrong please Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

Agault,

what do you mean put your  neck on the line? you going to lose your job or something?

eastcoastcreative
Contributor

My credibility! )

So I just returned my PlayBook to FutureShop and exchanged it for a brand new one, so I could get another 14 days to decide whether or not I'm going to keep it. Ironically they couldn't get the pages to swipe when they were testing it at the store.

I was chatting the guy there about the Playbook returns and he said "We've had more PlayBook returns than any other tablet/phone device in history. He wasn't the least bit suprised to see another one" I probed a little more about the main reasons for return and he said it was mostly bridge or screen issues.

So RIM has 14 more days to convince me to keep or it that will be it.

I've seen posts and press releases about how sales are higher than expected but what about the return rate?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

agault wrote:

Glad to see that I'm not alone.

RIM - Open a beta programme or something for users that want to test OS updates while understanding they are "as is". It would keep a lot of busy testing the new updates for you rather than waiting and hearing "somethings coming, next week (maybe) etc.)

I for one would love to be part of an official Beta tester and receive regular updates and provide feedback. Keep us interested because I'm sensing that you don't have any updates coming up and are just scrambling around trying to plug holes. Prove us wrong please Smiley Happy

If you own a Playbook, then you're already in RIM's beta program.

If you want to get paid for being a beta tester, then short RIM's stock.  Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I already order a otterbox case, a micro usb to usb and micro hdmi to hdmi converter for my playbook, BUT tomorow is the day and NOTHING from RIM, no news, no schedule of fixes, just a big ?.
So l'm going to return it tomorow, and then wait for whatever RIM decides. After all is their playbook not mine, if they don't care why should I. I like it a lot but rim and att both make a humongus mistake leaving customers in the dark.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I returned mine yesterday and bought a Galaxy Tab.  To be honest, it wasn't until I held another tablet in my hands that I saw how incredibly incomplete and unfinished the PB is - some of the most intuitive things, like capitalizing a letter at the beginning of a sentence, are refreshing to have back now that I'm using something that isn't a Beta version.  And Kindle is an app that comes pre-loaded on the Tab.  Android may have it's problems, but they're more workable for me at this point than everything I felt unsatisfied with regading the PB.  To think i waited all this time to get something that was available at Christmas...

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hmmm other tablets have nothing akin to Bridge, and those users are complaining. On yoir Playbook you can check your web based email the same way as the iPad or others.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

RIM - Are you listening?

Like so many others I am completely disappointed with the Playbook and with RIM. I trusted in RIM to deliver on its promise to provide a Tablet that would offer more functionality then a Blackberry Smartphone. Instead I paid approximately $600.00 for a piece of equipment that cannot even begin to provide the basic functionality of my Smartphone. Even simple things like organizing files in folders, hiding (NOT deleting) icons, opening attachments in email, filtering contact lists by groups, communicating with Blackberry Messenger, things that I am able to do with my Blackberry Smartphone are not available with the Playbook. I do understand that with any new product there will be some minor bugs and issues but never should a product with as many issues as the Playbook has, have ever been advertised or released as anything more than a beta version. What RIM needs to understand is that I am an end-user! I have not the time, patience or energy to be a beta-user or to be part of your development and or quality control team. If that was your plan then I should have been paid for testing your product rather than paying approximately $600.00 for it. Unfortunately for both of us I will be unable to return my Playbook in time. I say unfortunate for both of us because while I am out approximately $600.00, I will have the Playbook and I will show first hand every potential "End-User / Buyer" that I know, just how inadequate the Playbook actually is. Furthermore and In regards to your last question I will recommend that people visit the entire Blackberry website and take notice for themselves that there is not one communication from RIM anywhere addressing the issues that RIM customers are having with the Playbook.