Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Re Excel files

Is it possible to transfer files from Excel using drag and drop?

What files specifically, besides, documents and photos, can be transfered using simple drag and drop?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Re Excel files

SlaKir wrote:

Is it possible to transfer files from Excel using drag and drop?

What files specifically, besides, documents and photos, can be transfered using simple drag and drop?

From your computer, any files can be dragged and dropped, and from the Playbook any files that you can see from the computer 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

I've tried to drag and drop e-mail messages and contacts from Microsoft Outlook, but I could not do it.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

SlaKir wrote:

I've tried to drag and drop e-mail messages and contacts from Microsoft Outlook, but I could not do it.

you are talking about moving data that is in a program and not a file(s), Outlook as proprietary format that only Outlook can use, when you are syncing Outlook with another it is then modify by the syncing program into a format that the device can use (ex: BlackBerry phone), but the Playbook can not use any of the Outlook data as there is no way for now to sync the Playbook with Outlook

If you want to see the same e-mail message on your Playbook as you see in Outlook, you will need to add the e-mail account into the Playbook and then the Playbook will get the e-mail(s) message

PS. If you want to be able to see them after Outlook as downloaded them from the server, change the setting in Outlook to keep a copy of the message on the server

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Att

Sadly I downloaded through goodreader an app called Kingsoft. I am able to modify word docs, but excel is different. On myandroid phone, I can open an excel file and tap a cell, the a menu pops withheld options edit/cut/copy. BUT in my Playbook when I tap a cell, the meny that pops up only has cut/copy/paste. I have to usedocs to go instead to excel files. It is discouraging,has anyone found this tread found the same problem?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Att

Sadly I downloaded through goodreader an app called Kingsoft. I am able to modify word docs, but excel is different. On my android phone, I can open an excel file and tap a cell, then a menu pops with the options edit/cut/copy. BUT in my Playbook when I tap a cell, the meny that pops up only has cut/copy/paste. I have to use docs to go instead to edit excel files. It is discouraging, has anyone found this tread found the same problem?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I just tried Kingsoft and also one called Olive office. Neither would access the Documents folder. Obviously not intended for the Playbook filesysystem. Wants SD card.

It is not surprising that android phone apps dont convert to Playbook 100%. There is nothing wrong with Docs to go,  OK could do with some additional editing but the sideloaded apps have nothing to add. .