Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

Re Tablet repair

I have sent BB tablet to someone in Europe. 5 year old  boy played with it, dropped it on the floor ,and now tablet does not work well. Screen is permanently frozen. I asked for the tablet to be sent back to me, and wonder if I could have it fixed, and if so where, or shall I buy a new on. I live in Santa Clara, California.

Please, advise

Thank you

My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Re Tablet repair

I think computer stores do tablet repair like best buy or frys.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

[ Edited ]

It doesnt take much at a computer repair shop to spend $150 . Its prob cheaper to buy a new one and when adults are finished with it, put it out of reach of little fingers

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS, Torch 9810 (OS, Z10 (OS

I would look at Craigslist or Kijiji Classifieds or even eBay for a replacement. With eBay and PayPal, you at least get some protection in case you get a bad seller trying to pawn off a defective unit (broken ports are the biggest problem) and then you can most likely return it depending on the transaction terms. Buying local, I would try both charging and hdmi ports if possible. If they both work then I would try the camera. If you don't get a 4003 error then chances are it's a good unit. You can use your old PlayBook for parts if needed. Used PlayBooks are quite cheap.