Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

Re Two instead of one

I've transfered several documents using drag and drop from PC Excel folder to Playbook Documents folder.

Now I have two files with the same title in Documents folder on a PC; original file (one I am working on) , and the other one which is now on BB Playbook.  PC cannot open files that are on Playbook neither for viewing nor  for working on. I don't need double files on a PC, especially when duplicates are useless when on PC. 

How to prevent this from happening?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Re Two instead of one

It's not a problem I recognize. If you drag from PC Documents folder to Playbook media/Documents folder you have one on PC and on on Playbook. If you look at the one in Playbook in your Explorer window you can double click it and it will open in Windows, albeit a bit slowly as ot has to load across the link.  Don't know how you finished up with two in Windows unless it was still open in Excel at the time and you save a copy.

If you have something different please explain it again. 

I have a second/double file with the same title in Excel PC folder on only. It says that a file is on....BB, and cannot be opened.

In PC Documents, it is one file only. Is there a way to delete duplicate from PC Excel folder?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Can't help further. I never had an "excel folder", only "my documents". Anyone else understand this problem?

Thank you