Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry Smartphone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Recover deleted icons (pictures, video chat, videos, music)

[ Edited ]

If you are looking for the ways to recover deleted pictures, audio and videos then you need to use any effective third-party Photo Recovery Software. Several types of recovery software are available online. You can use Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software. You can download demo version of software and can preview the recoverable items.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

alecsteva wrote:

If you are looking for the ways to recover deleted pictures, audio and videos then you need to use any effective third-party Photo Recovery Software.

it is not possible to access the Flash memory directly. I doubt that software will recover anything.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

How can you recover lost videos from an erased blackberry playback?

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

michal607 wrote:

How can you recover lost videos from an erased blackberry playback?

If you did a backup to your computer they can be recovered from there. Otherwise they are gone. 

Sarah.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

hi,  i accidently restored my Q5 with the backup (media only) but i lost the pictures i took recently and the same is most improtant pictures, please help me to get those pictures. i never thought that it the restoriung will replace the current pictures.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if you dont have a backup, they are gone if stored on device on either playbook or BB10 phone.

If stored on BB10 phone SD media card there is a chance to get them back with recovery tools. plenty on the web to choose from. i use R studio http://www.r-studio.com/ for many years with good results.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: bsnl

I have found an easy solution for this in this site

"http://4dev.net/blackberry-playbook-disappearing-dock-icons-solution/#comment-24043"

Copied and pasted the solution below for a quick reference:

"To get around this problem, you’ll need to first feed the black hole in order, presumably, to appease its hunger. Simply drag and drop all of your icons and folders into the dock, allowing them to disappear one by one until your home screen is completely empty.

Once done, reboot your PlayBook, and you’ll see everything returned to the home screen, albeit without any of the folders that you may have previously made."

New Contributor
My Device: Passport, PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

We have multiple PlayBooks.

My wife was taking one of them to give to her family so they could chat with her via the PlayBook's native BlackBerry Video Chat application. Before she left I followed your step by step process described above to simply reset the PlayBook. Everything was fine. The software was completely updated and the PlayBook was all set to choose a language and enter an email address for the new BlackBerry ID. The Video Chat icon was not deleted at this point, the icon was on the desktop and everything was ready to go.

Unfortunately when my wife arrived at her family home she did something further to reformat the device (!). I am not sure exactly WHAT or HOW she did this, but it was based on information she received somewhere on your site or the Internet. When she was finished, the YouTube and, more, importantly, the Blackberry VIDEO CHAT were GONE.

The crazy thing is this is the SECOND time this has happened so we now have TWO PlayBook's that are missing the Video Chat application.

I have just tried to restore the Video Chat application and the other missing items to one of the devices by following the same process described here and the process went smoothly again. Unfortunately, the missing ICONS, applications, etc., did NOT return to the PlayBook. There MUST be some way to restore these OS applications to their original factory setup, isn't there?

Thanks, in advance, for your response - and hopefully, the method to fix this problem. 

Guru III
My Device:

if she wiped it, you need to use Desktop software or Link to restore to factory

New Contributor
My Device: Passport, PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

OK I found out she did a Security Wipe. The funny thing is, as I said before, it was all set up already, LOL.

Since I posted I did use Desktop Software with the unit turned off to do the update and while everything was basically defaulted, the icons did not return.

In another support stream someone indicated certain ISP's and countries block YouTube and video chat apps and that by going to a McDonald's or other places with free WiFi you can go into settings, Software Updates, and then click "Check for Updates" again and a small 25MB file will be available and all the missing icons will be restored... I have not been able to try that yet...