Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telfort

Reinstall bought apps after resetting Playbook?

I've some problems with sideloaded apps... Smiley Sad

So I want to bring my playbook back to factory settings at the day of purchase.

I want a totaly clean Plabook.

But what about the apps I bought in Appworld? Do I have to buy them again or can I just reinstall them after resetting my playbook?

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Reinstall bought apps after resetting Playbook?

When you reconfigure your PB RIM APP Store should recognize your PB and remember which apps you have purchased and allow you to re-install them. When I did a security wipe on my PB I had to manually re-install all the apps I had side loaded. These I had not purchased through APP Store.
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Just to clarify. When you use your BlackBerryID - that keeps track of your installed apps.

As long as you use the same account, you will be able to easily reinstall your apps from AppWorld if you want to.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I wish you good luck with that, the last time that both my Playbook and my phone were forced to "update" or re-installed the OS, I had to buy all the programs again, they were all showing in the list as un-installed but I ahd to pay for them again, and the reason I was given is because the devices were not them same as the one that the programs were bought with, the funny thing is I never changed the device , the phone I have it for a little over a year now and the Playbook I got it on the day that it came to the market (2011/04/19)

Once again I wish you good luck

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Just reset your playbook. When it restarts login with same blackberry id which you had bought the apps