Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK
Accepted Solution

Remove an app

[ Edited ]

What is the best way to remove an app? If you uninstall is there a residue left on the playbook system? If so what is the best way to remove it?

I have installed Magellan Compass but have never been able to read the maps off line. If I just uninstall are all the files removed?

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Remove an app

The way that some developers hide files, it's time for the Nobody Knows flag.

If you browse the filesysyem from desktop or using AIRbrowser you can only prove the existance of files,not their absence. If you can't locate any files, the only way to be sure is security wipe or preferably de-brick the playbook.

Are you short of space?

My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

If it is a paid for installation through the official App World then simply pressing and holding on the icon will remove the application. You can also uninstall it from the App World app itself.

If it is a converted Android application which has been sideloaded onto the PlayBook and you used DDPB to install it, your best bet is to use the DDPB software to uninstall it too. If you have to, reinstall the app itself overtop of the old installation using DDPB and then immediately uninstall it once more using the DDPB uninstall setting.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Thank you for the information Chaosdivine. I have removed Magellan. My only concern was that there may be a residue on the system, like windows. As their appears to be none. I'm a happy bunny.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

rossjackson01 wrote:

Thank you for the information Chaosdivine. I have removed Magellan. My only concern was that there may be a residue on the system, like windows. As their appears to be none. I'm a happy bunny.

Regards

Ross

One thing I did notice is that Magellan installs a PDF help file so you may wish to search for it's PDF file and remove it if it's not already removed. It would be somewhere in you media folder - which specific folder I can not tell you at the moment as I don't have my PB handy. When I get to it, I will look for where the PDF is installed on my unit.